How is the Funding Allocated?
- Income support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credits and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If they are currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales
If they have left care in England or Wales through:
- an adoption
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangement order
Children become eligible for free early education at different points in the year depending on when they turn 3, and will be reassessed for eligibility on a termly basis.
What Should the Early Years Pupil Premium Grant be Spent on?
We have to explain the reasoning behind the way this funding is spent and demonstrate the positive impact it has on this group of children’s progress because we are accountable to the DFE/Ofsted, Governors and the whole school community.